77091
474
Loading version...
🔄 Update App
🔍 Check for Updates
Test Notification
🔔 Enable Notifications
📰 Fetch NHK News
🚀 Fetch TechCrunch News
🧪 Experiment
📰 Wordlist List
📚 Reading List
🎤 Speaking List
📊 Statistics
💻 Software Statistics
Push Admin
Edit Reading
Back to List
Basic Information
Title
Please enter a title.
URL
Please enter a valid URL.
Date
カテゴリID
画像ファイル名
単語数(空欄の場合は本文から自動計算)
空欄の場合は本文から自動計算されます。本文が空欄の場合は既存の値が保持されます。
統計情報
現在の単語数:
366語
読了回数:
0回
作成日:
2024/08/08 19:00
更新日:
2025/12/08 11:36
本文
本文
wichita falls, texas — Elon Musk's social media platform X has sued a group of advertisers, alleging that a "massive advertiser boycott" deprived the company of billions of dollars in revenue and violated antitrust laws. The company formerly known as Twitter filed the lawsuit Tuesday in a federal court in Texas against the World Federation of Advertisers and member companies Unilever, Mars, CVS Health and Orsted. It accused the advertising group's brand safety initiative, called the Global Alliance for Responsible Media, of helping to coordinate a pause in advertising after Musk bought Twitter for $44 billion in late 2022 and overhauled its staff and policies. Musk posted about the lawsuit on X on Tuesday, saying "now it is war" after two years of being nice and "getting nothing but empty words." X CEO Linda Yaccarino said in a video announcement that the lawsuit stemmed in part from evidence uncovered by the U.S. House Judiciary Committee, which she said showed a "group of companies organized a systematic illegal boycott" against X. The Republican-led committee had a hearing last month looking at whether current laws are "sufficient to deter anticompetitive collusion in online advertising." The lawsuit's allegations center on the early days of Musk's Twitter takeover and not a more recent dispute with advertisers that came a year later. In November 2023, about a year after Musk bought the company, a number of advertisers began fleeing X over concerns about their ads showing up next to pro-Nazi content and hate speech on the site in general, with Musk inflaming tensions with his own posts endorsing an antisemitic conspiracy theory. Musk later said those fleeing advertisers were engaging in blackmail and, using a profanity, essentially told them to go away. The Belgium-based World Federation of Advertisers and representatives for CVS, Orsted, Mars and Unilever didn't immediately respond to requests for comment Tuesday. A top Unilever executive testified at last month's congressional hearing, defending the British consumer goods company's practice of choosing to put ads on platforms that won't harm its brand. "Unilever, and Unilever alone, controls our advertising spending," said prepared written remarks by Herrish Patel, president of Unilever USA. "No platform has a right to our advertising dollar."
メモ
メモ・感想
キャンセル
更新
Debug Info:
Saved State:
-
Redirected Flag:
-
Current URL:
-
Refresh
Close
Debug
Send Report
Send Report
Draw Arrow
Clear
Message:
Cancel
Send